How to switch between different processes in xterm

Mike Ayers mike_ayers@tvworks.com
Fri Mar 20 18:15:00 GMT 2009

	There's really only one major difference - the -multiwindow flag is not set by default in startx (and Xwin?) anymore.

> > Now there is a single parent background in which all the
> processes are
> > opened. In turn it shows only onw process in windows.That's
> good. But I
> > have the following problems.
> > I am not able to get the cross area in any of the child
> programs, hence
> > have to struggle a lot to close them.

	Click on the background and select "kill", then, while you have the skull-n-bones pointer, click on the window you want to terminate.

> > Also it it quite inconvenient to switch between child
> processes(I want a
> > replacement of "Alt+Tab" shortcut for this to switch
> between processes
> > within cygwin/X ).

	I think there's a three- or four-key equivalent, but I don't know what it is.  IIRC, twm defaults to focus-on enter, so you can just move the mouse to switch terms.

	HTH,

Mike