checkX problems

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Fri Nov 13 02:43:00 GMT 2009

On 11/12/2009 4:31 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 30/10/2009 13:48, Ken Brown wrote:
>> 2. If I start the X server by using the default startxwin.bat or
>> startxwin.sh (both of which call checkX), the server is very unstable
>> and crashes within a few minutes. This happens consistently, and it
>> never happens if I comment out the line calling checkX.
>
> I think I was able to reproduce this problem (it is not how I normally
> start the X server)
>
> However, now I come back to look at this in detail, the problem no
> longer seems to exist. Are you still able to demonstrate it?

Yes, it's still reproducible on one machine (the one for which I sent
cygcheck output in my original post), but the problem doesn't occur on a
second machine that I sometimes use.  And I don't think anyone else has
reported this problem.  So I guess it must be BLODA or some other
peculiarity of the one system.

Ken