Some Eclipse dialogs have become non-resizable with X server 1.7.1

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Nov 15 16:17:00 GMT 2009

On 13/11/2009 13:06, Csaba Raduly wrote:
> In the process of switching over to 1.7, I started running its X
> server (instead of the X server of 1.5). A few days later I noticed
> that some Eclipse windows (e.g. the Find dialog, the
> Project->Properties, the Window->Preferences, etc.) can not be resized
> anymore (the Size entry in the system menu is grayed out). This
> annoyed me when the Find dialog came up too small to see (or use) one
> of the checkboxes, and I couldn't make it bigger.
>
> I use "ssh -Y lab1" to log in to the remote machine. The environment
> has DISPLAY=localhost:14.0 (or some other number). Then I start
> Eclipse on the remote machine, with X tunneled to my PC.
>
> This appears to be related to 1.7, because after stopping the X server
> from 1.7 and starting the one from 1.5, the dialogs could be resized.
>
> This also affects e.g. the File Open and File Save dialogs of nedit
> (resizable under 1.5, fixed size under 1.7)
>
> Has anybody else experienced this ?

Thanks for reporting this.

This is actually a problem which has been reported and fixed before (see [1]),
but it seems the patch to address this has gone AWOL in the update to Xserver 1.7

Fortunately, this is easier to fix the second time, patch to follow :-)

[1] http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin-xfree/2009-01/msg00009.html

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer