checkX problems

Lothar Brendel lottas.junk@geekmail.de
Wed Nov 25 08:24:00 GMT 2009

Charles Wilson wrote:
> Lothar Brendel wrote:
>> It should list, but it doesn't:
>>
>> $ grep -A9 '@ run2' setup-2.ini
>                      ^^^^^^^^^^^
>                    This was the clue.
>
> As it happens, the union mount stuff had an override for setup.hint,
> but not the entire directory.  So, the tarballs themselves magically
> "showed up" in the release-2 area when I installed them in the
> release/ area, but release-2 retained the old setup.hint.  Fixed.

ACK. libustr1 was pulled in now.

Unfortunately the situatiuon with ``startxwin.bat'' is worse now:

* ``checkX -t 12'' still doesn't wait (?!?)
* After again inserting a sleep between checkXing and starting the xterm,
the latter is marginally successful: The process is shown as running but no
xterm is showing up :-(

I really would investigate this further, but I only get diagnostic output
from ``checkX'' (--verbose or --debug) when running it from within an xterm,
and that's obviously pointless.

Thus, how to obtain output from ``checkX`` in Windows' Command Prompt, how
to get it in Cygwin's "bash window"?

Asks
        Lothar