Nedit unstable after 1.7.0-56 update -- clipboard copy segfault

Albrecht Schlosser cygwin@go4more.de
Fri Nov 27 09:00:00 GMT 2009

Yaakov (Cygwin/X) wrote:
> On 03/08/2009 10:49, Rob Gillen wrote:
>> After updating my 1.7 installation to the latest cygwin DLL, my xterms
>> were finally able to exec bash (with some issues from bash as well),
>> but I immediately ran into segfault when copying to the clipboard from
>> nedit.  I.e. as soon as I highlighted a line of text and hit CTRL-C,
>> it dumped core.
>
> Actually, this appears to be a known problem with lesstif (the Motif
> implementation which nedit and other programs use).  It looks like other
> distros may have a fix, but it will take me a little while until I can
> focus on this.

FWIW, if this is still in the pipeline...

I'm still on cygwin 1.5, but I experienced similar crashes witn nedit.
I don't remember that it crashed when hitting CTRL-C, but it crashes
most of the time if I hit CTRL-V to paste some text (sometimes it
works, though). The workaround is to use middle-mouse click to paste
(and maybe also the edit/paste menu).

Albrecht