fc-list does not list windows system fonts under cygwin

Ken Brown kbrown@cornell.edu
Thu Oct 1 17:38:00 GMT 2009

On 10/1/2009 10:49 AM, Steven Woody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using tex-live under a cygwin system.  I found the 'fc-list'
> command can not list fonts in system font directory
> 'c:\windows\fonts'.  I remembered it can do this before I reinstalled
> my whole system).  What's wrong with it?
>
> Regards,
> narke

I'm cc-ing the cygwin-xfree list, which is where I think fontconfig
questions belong.  I can confirm that on my system, fc-list produces
strange output on the windows system fonts.  I'm not sure if it's the
same problem you were reporting.

For example, I get the following in a mintty window under cygwin 1.7:

$ fc-list|grep -i micro
Microsoft Sans
Serif:style=Regular,Normal,obyÄejné,Standard,Îανονικά,Normaali,Normál,Normale,Standaard,Normalny,ÐбÑÑнÑй,Normálne,Navadno,Arrunta

cygcheck output is attached.

Ken