XEmacs function rtf-clip-region no longer works within X

Hemal Pandya hemal.pandya@gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 08:42:00 GMT 2009

Hello,
I recently installed cygwin on my new laptop and see this strange
behavior. When I start XEmacs within X then the function
rtf-clip-region, does not seem to work. After calling this function,
pasting in Word pastes as plain text. If I start XEmacs outside X then
the function works as expected. The same is true of the sibling
function rtf-clip-buffer.

On the other hand, rtf-export works correctly both within and outside X.

I checked on my old machine that rtf-clip-* functions work correctly.
That machine has the same version of XEmacs ("21.4 (patch 22)
\"Instant Classic\" XEmacs Lucid")

Attached file cygcheck.out contains the output of cygcheck -s -v -r.

Thanks in advance,

- hemal