xdmcp cygwin 1.7 vista problem

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Sep 7 12:33:00 GMT 2009

On 07/09/2009 11:37, MÃ¥rten Gustafsson wrote:
> When trying to connect to a linux sytem from a Vista using xdmcp i get a
> strange error.
>
> 2009-09-07 12:06:51 XDMCP fatal error: Session failed Session 173248003
> failed for display 192.168.0.102:0: cannot open display
>
> As you can see from my network config, I have no adapter on this network
> address. I am using a wirless connection with ipadress 192.168.1.106. The
> same version of cygwin works flawlessly from a wired XP box.

Hmm....

You may find that using the -from command line parameter (documented in 'man
Xserver') to force the local address used may help, but it's still a bit
mysterious where this address comes from...

Perhaps you could oblige me with the output from Corinna's test program which
dumps getaddrinfo output [1]

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2009-07/msg00002.html

--
Jon TURNEY