Path problem with xterm

John Emmas johne53@tiscali.co.uk
Mon Sep 28 10:42:00 GMT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Mike Ayers"

> If you set PATH absolutely in .bash_profile, the right thing will happen.
> You may want to copy the initial value of PATH into another exported env
> var, so that you can see if there have been changes to the default path.

Hi Mike.  If I can find some time this week, I'm tempted to give this a try
but I don't quite understand how it would work.  Are you saying that an
absolute path in .bash_profile will somehow override the other paths?  Or
that it will somehow prevent the various other scripts from adding their own
entries?  Or will I still have to track down all those other files and edit
them anyway?

John