Slow response to keypresses in xorg-server-1.8.0-1

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sat Aug 7 22:07:00 GMT 2010

On 07/08/2010 16:39, Reini Urban wrote:
> 2010/8/5 Laurent Montaron<lpm@pobox.com>:
>>   The workaround in XWin.20100630-git-bc2f74e105146c36.exe definitely fixes
>> the problem. I have been running with it for two days now. Did anyone find
>> out if root cause is a bug in /dev/windows implementation or something else?
>
> It just smells like so, because my perl-tk patches to use /dev/windows
> as messageloop fail, while the windows loop works fine.

That's interesting.

Hmmm, looking again at the implementation of select(), I don't immediately see
that when waiting on /dev/windows, it checks that the message queue has old
messages on it before waiting.  The MSDN documentation for
MsgWaitForMultipleObjects() seems to says that messages which had arrived
before the last PeekMessage() etc. aren't considered new and so don't end the
wait?  But I could easily be missing something...