XWin crash after the launch of startkde on a remote Red Hat 5 machine

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Sun Aug 8 13:14:00 GMT 2010

On 06/08/2010 13:55, Michel Hummel wrote:
 > I didn't saw any response to my patch proposition, did someone tried it ?
 > If I didn't posted it in the good place where should I have to

Yes, this is abolutely the right place for your patch.

It looks good and I shall incorporate it in the next X server release.

 > I will be happy to explain the problem if my first mail wasn't clear.

Nope, the analysis was very clear, thank you.

I wonder if there also exists a race condition when the clipboard thread is
stopping? i.e. if we try to start a new one just as the old one is stopping,
we think it is still running and fail to do so?

In general this code could do with a tidy up: I think it would be much more
sensible to have a long-lived thread which tries to reconnect to the server
when ever it gets disconnected, it would avoid all this complexity and the
complexity of trying to avoid being killed by GDM as well.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer