Missing charsets in String to FontSet conversion

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Aug 9 20:12:00 GMT 2010

On 03/08/2010 16:21, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> As I mentioned before, I'd seen references to those fonts but wasn't sure it
> would actually help me. I just installed them and, sure enough, there's still
> some (fewer?) missing charsets.
>
> The delay dropped to only 2-3 seconds now though, so I guess that helps. Is
> there a way to diagnose which fonts/charsets are still missing?

Hmm.

You could write a small test application which calls XCreateFontSet() with the
base font of "*" and reports the list of missing charsets returned.

It also seems that twm reports these problems in a slightly more useful
fashion than libXt (saying "font for charset <charset> is lacking"), so
running that (against an X server not started in multiwindow mode) might serve
just as well.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer