Error in starting the newest version of Cygwin/X in a vista machine

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Dec 17 18:18:00 GMT 2010

On 17/12/2010 17:35, Joao Luis Maia Figueirinhas wrote:
> I need help to solve an error occurring when Cygwin/X is started on my
> computer that prevents it from running. I have installed the latest version of
> Cygwin/X (release 1.9.2.0) on my portable PC (HP Pavilion dv6 with AMD
> Turion(tm) X2 dual-core mobile RM-74 2.2GHz and 4GB RAM) running windows vista
> home premium. I am getting an error window saying that it has failed to
> activate core devices.
> That window also suggest to report the error to you. I send the log file to
> help solve the problem.

> Release: 1.7.3.0 (10703000)

This log file is from an older version of XWin, and doesn't contain the error
you mention.

Are you sure you are looking in the right place for XWin.0.log (it has been
moved to /var/log/xwin?

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer