Downgrading cygwin/x and/or cygwin

Humann, Wolfram wolfram.humann@verigy.com
Wed Feb 10 12:37:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

I'm not sure I can provide something much more useful than the lame "it worked in a previous installation" -- that's why I consider downgrading. Here's what I can provide:

- My current cygwin is version 1.7.1-1, my Cygwin/X is 1.7.3.0
- I run 'XWin -multiwindow -clipboard -emulate3buttons'
- Then I use ssh to log into a remote Linux machine and start a konsole window
- From the konsole I start various applications all of which work fine except one
  large company-owned application which crashes with a SIGSEGV
- Only the application crashes, the konsole and all other running remote apps continue to work

- The application works fine when I'm locally on the Linux machine I log into
- It also works fine when I use Xming (version 6.9.0.31) instead of Xwin,
  but Xming has several other problems (e.g. clipboard)
- It also worked fine on my previous PC where I had cygwin 1.5.24 with Xwin 6.8.99.901

Unless someone can provide instructions how to find the rootcause for the SIGSEGV I would consider downgrading to something close to my older version and see if that helps. I already tried to downgrade just Xwin and downloaded XWin.20081204180806.exe.bz2 and XWin.20090629103603.exe.bz2  form ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/ but that alone did not help. A colleague has the same problem, so it's not just my installation.

Is there an archive of old versions?

Regards,
Wolfram