Can't start xterm from Cygwin/X icon in system tray

Jim Reisert AD1C jjreisert@alum.mit.edu
Fri Jan 1 22:05:00 GMT 2010

On 1/1/2010 12:41 PM, john wrote:

> Are you executing startxwin from a login shell? I use
> "\path\to\cygwin\bin\run.exe /bin/bash.exe -l -c /bin/startxwin.exe"
> and it works for me.

Yes, my startup folder shortcut is:

D:\Cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c /usr/bin/startxwin.exe

As I've said before, this works properly on my XP SP3 system at work,
but not on my Windows 7 64-bit system at home.

- Jim

--
Jim Reisert AD1C, <jjreisert@alum.mit.edu>, http://www.ad1c.us