Setup retaining or saving package selections (was: startxwin/XWin won't start properly)

Timares, Brian (Harris) Brian.Timares@va.gov
Wed Jun 30 15:52:00 GMT 2010

Brian Timares (me! self-replying) wrote:
>However this discussion more properly belongs on a more general Cygwin
>list.  I'll see if it makes sense to post a suggestion there.

I found something where cgf says the big reason remembered installs
aren't done are because it takes someone with the time and skills to do
it (SHTDI).
<http://www.mail-archive.com/cygwin@cygwin.com/msg62416.html>

I found this
<http://marc.info/?l=cygwin&m=114858695408427&w=2>
which kinda does what I want.  It is still more trouble than I want, but
less than giving someone a list of n packages that I've found useful and
expecting them to go through the list.  Mike, that might be worth a try,
though I don't know if it would still work.

On considering the later link I realize that it might not be 100% as
simple as just saving out a list, unless installing package X
automatically and at that point did dependency resolution.

I find discussions of this going back to 2002, but the search for the
main mail list timed out on me.  Anyway, I have to get back to work so
I'll try to post to the main list after work.

Brian Timares