XTerm scrollbar issue

Thomas Dickey dickey@his.com
Wed Jun 30 20:48:00 GMT 2010

On Wed, 30 Jun 2010, webmaster wrote:

> All releases of xterm newer that 229 (i.e. since June '08) have a
> broken scrollbar.  It never bothered me enough to post a message, but
> I've been setting up some new systems and have found it annoying to
> dig up xterm-229 and manually install it.
>
> These images show what the scrollbar used to look like (and what it
> still looks like in all recent Linux distributions, even with latest
> xterm builds):

Problems like that shown with the scrollbar are usually a compile-time
mismatch on floating-point.  There's a configure option for xterm to
address this (--enable-narrowproto or --disable-narrowproto), since
the mismatch is not detectable via automatic checks.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net