xterm no longer accepts keyboard input

Bob Kline bkline@rksystems.com
Sun Mar 14 03:44:00 GMT 2010

Jeff Spirko wrote:

 > If you see different results from running startxwin from the command
 > line vs. the icon, you should check to see if you have an old batch
 > file laying around ....

Thanks for the suggestion.  I looked again for any old scripts which
might be found by the shell, but there aren't any.  The difference in
behavior may be accounted for by the fact that the shortcut doesn't
actually have the same command line as is recommended by the users'
guide, which advises running simply /usr/bin/startxwin from a Cygwin
shell.  The command line used by the shortcut is instead:

C:\cygwin\bin\run.exe /usr/bin/bash.exe -l -c /usr/bin/startxwin.exe

--
Bob Kline
http://www.rksystems.com