Issues with Copy and Paste on Xterm

Ajay Jain ajay050@gmail.com
Mon May 17 09:02:00 GMT 2010

Hi,

I have gone thru enough docs available on the Internet and I would
like to confirm the right methodology to copy paste from an Xterm to a
Windows application, say a notepad. As of now I have to select the
text by selecting the first word, then span multiple screens and then
doing a right click on the last one. Doing a Control Insert to copy
and a Shift Insert to paste solves the issue. However, in this process
I have to ensure that the following are clicked in the Xterm Menu bar
under VT options:

1) Select to Clipboard
2) Keep selection

A) Is there a way to automate this, as by default these choices are not enabled?
B) Is there a better way to do a copy paste, especially when the data
spans multiple screens?

Thanks,
Ajay.