frequently getting a STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION exception under win7

Mike mailbox_home1@yahoo.com
Mon May 24 16:30:00 GMT 2010

> On Mon, May 03, 2010 at 09:37:04PM +0300, Yuval Emek wrote:
> >I'll check it, but I don't think that this is the case because she is
> >experiencing this problem on her private laptop (in my case, it's the
> >company's laptop).
> >
> >Any other suggestions?
>
> Ok, then generalize this further: Since the mailing lists are not filled
> with people reporting these failures, figure out what is similar between
> your office mate and your system.
>
> cgf
>
> --

I get the same errors on two machines with the latest cygwin under w7x64. One
machine was built from scratch and has symanetc endpoint, the other one has MS
security essentials. On the latter one I run a previous version of cygwin with
no problems - the problems started after the upgrade. I am using mostly bash and
xemacs - have STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION constantly.

412016357 [main] bash 4460 exception::handle: Exception: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
412017215 [main] bash 4460 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
bash.exe.stackdump
1 [main] xemacs-21.4.22 3664 exception::handle: Exception:
STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION
    967 [main] xemacs-21.4.22 3664 open_stackdumpfile: Dumping stack trace to
xemacs-21.4.22.exe.stackdump