X server does not start from bash nor start menu

ed ezedtheamerican@gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 17:38:00 GMT 2010

>On Wed, Nov 10, 2010 at 9:33 AM, Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk> wrote:
>
> Can you start the X server by typing 'XWin' into a bash shell?  Does that
> produce any output?  If not, does 'cygcheck XWin' identify any problems?
in a command shell (not a bash shell) xwin.exe gave me the error
report that I needed "cygcrypto-0.9.8.dll"
I don't know exactly why the file didn't install by default, but I
found a 3rd party site that had the file.
I really don't trust the file I installed, but the X server starts
with it installed.
I don't know which package would install "cygcrypto-0.9.8.dll"
thank you for you assistance it is greatly appreciated.