Windows 7 Aero mode issue again

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Tue Oct 26 21:06:00 GMT 2010

On 26/10/2010 14:55, Eliot Moss wrote:
> On 10/26/2010 9:09 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>> On 24/10/2010 00:00, Eliot Moss wrote:
>>> Dear Jon -- The latest xorg and dlls, posted in the last
>>> day, consistently cause my Window 7 64-bit laptop to drop
>>> out of Aero mode if I put it in sleep mode and then wake
>>> it up. Here are the .log file and the stderr output.
>>
>> Sorry, I'm not quite sure what you are telling me here.
>>
>> It is that you still have the same problem with 1.9.0-2 as with 1.8.2-1?
>> (which is unfortunately
>> unsurprising, as I haven't done anything to fix it)
>
> Yes ... but it seems that the problem *had* gone away
> for a while, with a version I directly downloaded
> that you had pointed me to ...

Hmm, confused.

[1] seems to say that the 20100923-git-2172af4d1ea713f1 snapshot still has
that issue, although your later emails suggest it goes away if you don't use
-resize (which is expected)

You might like to try if adding '-engine 1' to the Xserver options works
around the problem.

Anyhow, I've fixed a logic error which meant we were doing rather more stuff
than we needed to for WM_DISPLAYCHANGE in windowed mode (and perhaps the intel
driver is being a bit hypersensitive about that, causing it to shut down DWM),
and added a bit more debug logging.  Could you try the snapshot at [2] with
'-logverbose 3', please.

[1] http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2010-09/msg00065.html
[2] ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/XWin.20101026-git-6105a1d4e1e137f0.exe.bz2

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer