SIGSEGV in xorg-1.8.2.0 during -resize operation

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Thu Sep 23 13:29:00 GMT 2010

On 9/23/2010 9:10 AM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 21/09/2010 23:06, Eliot Moss wrote:
[I reported crash on resume after Suspend or Hibernate.]

> Does the crash also occur if you don't use -resize?

Yes.

>> Is there a simple procedure for winding back?
>
> If you've installed my snapshot as XWin.exe, the easiest way to get the 1.8.2-1 version back is to
> reinstall it using setup.

Right; sorry I wasn't clear.  I was trying the snapshot because
1.8.2-1 fails in the same way.  What I meant was: Can I easily
that ..

> Unfortunately, I can't reproduce this on my Win7 system, although it is
> quite possible that this is specific to the display driver or hardware.

I have a Toshiba Portege M750.  It has Intel Display drivers.
But you know what, that got me thinking: I believe those
drivers were updated recently and maybe I should try winding
*them* back.

> If you can use gdb to generate a backtrace for this segfault, that would be
> most helpful.

I understand gdb generally and all.  Can you give a bit of guidance about how
to start things (edits to startxwn.bat?) with gdb, to get you that back trace?

Thanks for the response, Jon ...

-- Eliot Moss