(X)Emacs Window Manager commands

Wed Aug 17 14:46:00 GMT 2011

On 8/17/2011 3:07 PM, Gulliver.M.Smith wrote:

> In emacs, you can use the file menu to create a new frame (window).
> (raise-frame f)
> (iconify-frame f)
> (decionify-frame f)
> (make-frame-visible f)

at least "raise-frame" works with my simple patch for raising top level
windows, see
     http://www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2011-08/msg00034.html

 >> EWMH and ICCCM standards

Of course it would be nicer to have the window manager standards to be
fulfilled by the cygwin multiwindow mode, which would be reacting on
client messages with atom "_NET_ACTIVE_WINDOW" for raising windows.

By the way: Unfortunately the xemaces from current cygwin distribution
(21.4.22-1) seems broken and is not able to create other windows (e.g.
when using the menu entry File/Open In New Frame. (This has nothing to
do with the cygwin xserver, the cygwin xemacs does also not work with
other xservers). However I was able to reproduce your steps using a
linux xemacs with the cygwin xserver

Best regards,
Oliver