AIGLX

Ken Olum kdo@cosmos.phy.tufts.edu
Fri Feb 4 17:14:00 GMT 2011

   From: Jon TURNEY <jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk>
   Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2011 18:38:36 +0000

   > Once I say -wgl, direct rendering no longer works.  That is, if I
   > don't set LIBGL_ALWAYS_INDIRECT, then I get a long (infinite?)
   > sequence of errors like this:
   >
   > X Error: BadMatch (invalid parameter attributes) 8
   >   Major opcode: 73 (X_GetImage)
   >   Resource id:  0xa0039a

   I can't reproduce this problem.  Can you give me a few more details on the
   host which is running paraview: unix version, version of libGL and version of
   paraview?

Mandriva 2010.2 on x86_64 with kernel 2.6.33.7-server-2mnb
libGL is from lib64mesagl1-devel-7.8.1-6mdv2010.1
Paraview is version 3.8.1 for x86

I don't have a clear picture of when this bug occurs and when it doesn't.
I just deleted my paraview configuration file .config/ParaView/ParaView3.8.1.ini
to start with a clean environment, and now when I type paraview it
gives me a large but finite number of these warnings and then starts
up.

When I create objects (e.g., try Sources->Arrow) it displays them
without further errors, but extremely slowly.  You can watch the
individual polygons appear on the screen.

   Do you get that error with other OpenGL applications (e.g. glxinfo) or just
   paraview?

glxinfo does not give these errors.  I haven't tried any other OpenGL
application.

                                        Ken