lxterminal complains "Bind on socket failed: Invalid argument" on first invocation.

John McCabe-Dansted gmatht@gmail.com
Wed Jun 29 04:52:00 GMT 2011

My problem is that lxterminal only works the second time I run it (not
first, third etc.)

Here  I my symptoms:
1) I run "DISPLAY=:0 lxterminal &" and get the get the following error:

** ERROR **: Bind on socket failed: Invalid argument

aborting...

[1]+  Aborted                 (core dumped) DISPLAY=:0 lxterminal

2) The second time I run it, lxterminal works and I get an lxterminal screen.

3) The third time I run it I get two lxterminal screens, and do not
get the error above, but both lxterminals are frozen. Running
lxterminal more times gives yet more frozen screens.

4)  Closing all lxterminal windows resets the state, that is if I
close all lxterminal windows, then run lxterminal once I get the same
symptoms in (1) above, etc.

rebaseall does not seem to help.

I would expect that:
  1) A lxterminal window would appear each time I run lxterminal; and
  2) having more than one lxterminal window would not cause lxterminal
to freeze.

--
John C. McCabe-Dansted