X Server shortcut removed from start menu?

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Wed Oct 19 11:43:00 GMT 2011

On 18/10/2011 19:58, Ryan Johnson wrote:
> I recently upgraded to the latest cygwin/x and my start menu no longer
> contains a shortcut to start the x-server -- the thing there is a shortcut for
> xterm. Is there a packaging change that I wasn't aware of or is this a bug?

This should not have changed.  Those start menu links should have been created
when the xinit package is installed, by the /etc/postinstall/xinit.sh script.
  You might want to take a look at /var/log/setup.log and see if that script
ran successfully.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer