-nolisten tcp -multiwindow combination crashes in XWin startup

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Oct 31 19:22:00 GMT 2011

On 30/10/2011 06:06, Dave A wrote:
> Upon upgrading to version 1.11.1-1 built 2011-10-05, I found my usual startup of X no longer succeeds.
>
> It appears it's a combination of -nolisten tcp and -multiwindow that leads to the problem.  Either used alone
> seems to work ok, the two together yield the crash.

Thanks very much for reporting this problem.

Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it, and the stacktrace is not as helpful as
it might be as the crash is occurring in a dll, but the stacktrace doesn't
record which dll loaded at what address...

Following the instructions at [1] to use gdb to get a backtrace for the X
server when it crashes would be of great help.

[1] http://x.cygwin.com/devel/backtrace.html

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer