AW: Can't paste text or type blind keys when mouse is out of the window

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Sep 9 11:42:00 GMT 2011

>> I assume that you see the same behavior with other X applications, i.e. it's
>> not xterm-specific?
>
> No, at least xedit works fine on my PC, with blind keys and with mouse text pasting,
> no matter if the mouse pointer is really inside or on blue window frame or
> (for blind keys:) really outside.
>
> Mouse pointer on blue window frame comes from a typical use case: when clicking focus to the window.
> Then the mouse pointer stays there. The window has the focus but you can't paste inside xterm before
> moving the mouse really inside. With xedit that works.

Actually, maybe this is an xterm problem?

It seems to be somehow related to the xterm's --enable-toolbar configuration
(which is turned on in the cygwin package).  If I rebuild xterm with that
disabled, the problem goes away, and I can also reproduce the problem on F15
under twm if I build xterm with --enable-toolbar there (which is not enabled
in the distro supplied package)

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer