Problems with emacs built with gsettings support [was: Problems with emacs built against gtk3]

Angelo Graziosi angelo.graziosi@alice.it
Fri Apr 6 19:22:00 GMT 2012

Hi Ken,

Ken Brown wrote:

> Now I can reproduce the problem with both gtk2 and gtk3

If you remember I flagged this on 24.11.2011 with a private mail. After
the upgrading to GNOME 3.2, not only the gtk3 build was unstable but
also the old gtk2 builds were unstable...

Since then I am using this target

C:\cygwin-2\bin\run.exe bash -l -c 'GSETTINGS_BACKEND=memory emacs
-display 127.0.0.1:0.0 2>/dev/null &'

to start Emacs from a link on desktop, and it works both with gtk2 and
with gtk3 builds.

Notice, I do not use Cygwin service (dbus,... etc.)

Any way I will try to follow your recipe to reproduce the problem, but I
am sure it is still there..

> Here are the steps for reproducing the problem:

Ciao,
Angelo.