Taskbar appearance changes between xorg-server 11 series and 12.0 series

Eliot Moss moss@cs.umass.edu
Sat Apr 7 17:53:00 GMT 2012

On 4/7/2012 1:45 PM, Jon TURNEY wrote:
> On 07/04/2012 17:45, Eliot Moss wrote:

> I'm not sure if you are labouring under a misapprehension due to poor
> documentation, or reporting a bug here.
>
> The STYLE directive adjusts the window styling of all windows which match the
> specified class or window name, it shouldn't matter how the application which
> created that window was started, be it from the XWin menu, from ~/.startxwinrc
> or from a terminal.  If it does matter how the application was started, then
> that is a bug.

I think I was confused.  I had tried to apply STYLE MINIMIZE based on
a misunderstanding of how xemacs named its windows.  When I use STYLE
emacs MINIMIZE, it matches the window name and seems to work all the
time.  Of course this means that manually launched ones also start
minimized, which wasn't my intent, but is livable.  It does seem that
xemacs is deeply confused about this whole how-to-start thing, as its
FAQ observes :-) ...

Thanks -- E