XWin.exe segmentation fault on Windows 7

Jon TURNEY jon@dronecode.org.uk
Mon Aug 13 12:17:00 GMT 2012

On 13/08/12 05:23, Chris LeBlanc wrote:
> I compiled xorg with debugging from the source packages, and that
> shows the same behaviour.  I can step through the debugger, but the
> output is the same as what Jon found in the previous email, failing on
> the call to strcpy().  I've logged the gdb output to a file and can
> attach it if anyone is interested.

Yes, please.

Assuming for the moment this is a defect in the cygwin DLL, it would be
interesting to see the output of 'mount'.  You might also want to
install the cygwin-debuginfo package and see if you can debug the
problem in getmntent().

It might be worthwhile installing the latest cygwin snapshot [1] to see
if the problem still exists.

[1] http://cygwin.com/snapshots/