XWin hangs connecting to SunOS 5.11

jose isaias cabrera cabrera@wrc.xerox.com
Fri Nov 1 00:53:00 GMT 2013

"jose isaias cabrera" wrote...

> Attached is the log
>
> From: "jose isaias cabrera" wrote...
>>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> I have a SunOS 5.11,
>>
>> jcabrera@whale:~$ uname -a
>> SunOS whale 5.11 11.1 i86pc i386 i86pc
>>
>> which has X installed.  One of the folks that uses this machine connects
>> =
>> ok with XMing and putty, but I am trying to use it with XWin and the =
>> display stays black for ever.  I am using these two commands,
>>
>> xwin :0 -clipboard -query 13.121.188.152 -fp tcp/13.121.188.152:7100
>>
>> and this one,
>>
>> xwin :0 -clipboard -query 13.121.188.152
>>
>> they both connect, but no actual display from the SunOS display in the =
>> PC, but just a dark screen.  I have enabled xhost
>>
>> xhost +
>>
>> any other thoughts?  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.
>>
>> josé
>>
>> --

So, has anyone being able to connect to a SunOS 5.11 from Windows XP using
cygwin XWin?  If no one has, then, I will stop and see other options, but I
would like to be able to do this with cygwin and not any other tool.  I know
cygwin pretty well and don't want to move.  Thanks for the support.

Oh, I tried these other options,

Commented xdm DisplayManager.requestPort:     0
(!DisplayManager.requestPort:     0)

Also added the ip and hostname of the window client to /etc/hosts and still
no success.  And also tried this command,

xwin :0 -clipboard -query 13.121.188.152 -from 13.142.1.82 -fp
tcp/13.121.188.152:7100

See attached log.  Thanks for your support.

josé