XWin ignores all parameters related to multiple monitors

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Thu Jun 19 21:38:00 GMT 2014

On 09/05/2014 21:25, Lukas Haase wrote:
> On 2014-05-09 3:15, Jon TURNEY wrote:
>>>
>>> I have just the issue that the exe does not seem to work for me. Is
>>> there anything special I need to consider?
>>
>> Sorry, my snapshot building script went wrong and the snapshot was
>> broken.  Try this one instead.
>>
>> ftp://cygwin.com/pub/cygwinx/x86/XWin.20140509-git-c4a16a6606868d3e.exe.bz2
>
> Can't believe it, great! Works exactly as it should (just with the
> standard configuration, "X :0 -multiwindow")!!
>
> Now I just hope that this 'patch' somehow finds its way into the trunk ;-)

This fix is included is 1.15.1-3.

On reflection, I think a better approach would be to look at
_NET_WM_WINDOW_TYPE and if it's _NET_WM_TYPE_NORMAL or absent, ignore
PPosition and place the window as we like, but that is not quite as
straightforward to implement.

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer