[ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: xinit-1.3.4-1 (Major overhaul of X session handling)

Jon TURNEY jon.turney@dronecode.org.uk
Fri Nov 28 11:54:00 GMT 2014

On 28/11/2014 08:45, Marco Atzeri wrote:
> On 11/28/2014 4:03 AM, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
>> The following package has been updated in the Cygwin distribution:
>>
>> * xinit-1.3.4-1
>>
>> xinit contains commands used for starting X sessions.
>>

> noticed this new warning
> xinit: XFree86_VT property unexpectedly has 0 items instead of 1
>
> For what I see there is no XFree86_VT setting anywhere

xinit has been emitting this warning for a long time, it's just now you
see it with startxwin.

It's entirely safe to ignore, but I guess we should do something to
quench that warning to prevent confusion and alarm...

--
Jon TURNEY
Volunteer Cygwin/X X Server maintainer