Issues since last update of cygwin - clipboard, crashing

Gulliver Smith gulliver.m.smith@gmail.com
Wed Oct 8 15:31:00 GMT 2014

Windows 7 Professional,

I updated cygwin on the weekend of Oct 4 and am now having issues with
cygwin X, mostly with the clipboard.

I am running with no root window (XWin.exe)

I have two different systems (home and work), one running cygwin 64
bit and the other cygwin 32 bit. Both have these issues.

1) frequent clipboard timeouts when querying the x-selection for
something in the Windows clipboard

2) After an hour or two, the X-selection no longer appears in the
windows clipboard, so I have to restart everything

3) cygwin X freezes - all windows are light grey and not responding

4) cygwin x has crashed a few times.

These are all new symptoms since Oct 4. I have been using this set up
for years with few problems.

Is this a known problem that is being fixed?

Thanks
Gulliver