Can't open display with PuTTY and xinit 1.3.4-1

Laurens Blankers laurens@blankersfamily.com
Tue Jan 6 09:12:00 GMT 2015

On 5-1-2015 18:31, Yaakov Selkowitz wrote:
> Wait, are you talking about a Windows version of PuTTY?
There is a PuTTY for *nix? And it has been ported to Cygwin? I didn't
know. That is, let's say, amazing :-) Yes I mean the native PuTTY for
Windows.

> This will be added to the FAQ in due course.
Thank you.

> BTW, reverting this behaviour isn't an option either, as it will
> actually become the upstream default in the next major release of the
> X server.
I am perfectly fine with keeping this behaviour since it is more secure,
especially if it becomes the default. An entry in the FAQ is perfect.

--
Laurens