xerver and mouse

Suhaib M. Siddiqi Ssiddiqi@InspirePharm.Com
Fri Jul 23 14:20:00 GMT 1999

I compiled finally compiled the XFree86 for various hardware.
I disabled the mouse protocols because they are supported by OS on Windows.
Now X server is searching for a mouse protocol entry in XF86Config.  If I
comment
out the mouse protocols entries in XF86Config file, server will complain
about
a missing "mouse protocol" in XF86Config and will die.
Does anyone know how to workaround this problem?  On some Unices workstation
you can compile XFree86 with -DMOUSE_PROCOL_IN_KERNEL, but I do not know
how what kind of mouse protocol entry they put in XF86Config.  Anyone knows
about it?

Suhaib

bash-2.02$ ./XF86_AGX

XFree86 Version 3.3.4 / X Window System
Release Date: July 13 1999
        If the server is older than 6-12 months, or if your card is newer
        than the above date, look for a newer version before reporting
        problems.  (see http://www.XFree86.Org/FAQ )
Operating System: Cygwin Cygnus Solutions
Configured drivers:
  AGX: Accelerated server for AGX graphics adaptors (Patchlevel 0)
XF86Config: /etc/XF86Config
(**) stands for supplied, (--) stands for probed/default values

Config Error: /etc/XF86Config:126

    Protocol    ""
                ^^
Mouse type not supported by this OS