Question about X-term

Suhaib Siddiqi ssiddiqi@inspirepharm.com
Mon Apr 24 05:05:00 GMT 2000

>BASH.EXE-2.02$ xterm >Warning: locale not supported by C
library, locale unchanged >Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale
set to C >Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using
default
These
are just the warnings and can be ignored.  You should have
/usr/X11R6/lib/X11, that is where
apps
look for C locale.  If you have installed the X11R6 ina  different
directory, you need to then set
C_LOCALE.  For example
Set
C_LOCALE=/my_directory/lib/X11/C

>Failed to open input method >xterm:  unable to find
usable termcap entry.
These
are the errors and xterm failed because it could not find a useful termcap
entry
in
/etc/termcap file.

I have
no idea about Korean Win98.

All
the clients work ok under all the English Windows OS's.

> Where can I get a library that
contains functions of 'utmp.h'?

In
Cygwin Development Tools.

Suhaib

  -----Original Message----- From:
  cygwin-xfree-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com
  [mailto:cygwin-xfree-owner@sourceware.cygnus.com] On Behalf Of Kwon Keun
  Joo Sent: Sunday, April 23, 2000 7:52 PM To:
  cygwin-xfree@sourceware.cygnus.com Subject: Question about
  X-term
  Thank you for developing useful applications.

  I downloaded cygwinb20 and cygwin-xfree.

  And launch eXceed(a win95 based X-window server) and test
  several programs.

  Simple programs like 'Xclock' works well, but 'Xterm'
  doesn't work.

  I've got the following messages.

  BASH.EXE-2.02$ xterm Warning: locale not supported by C
  library, locale unchanged Warning: locale not supported by Xlib, locale set
  to C Warning: X locale modifiers not supported, using default Failed to
  open input method xterm:  unable to find usable termcap
  entry. BASH.EXE-2.02$

  I'm using a korean version of win98se.

  So I've tried to compile a korean version of Xterm, namely
  'Hanterm'.

  But, linking was failed ,as some functions of 'utmp.h'
  cannot be resolved e.g.'setutent'.

  Is 'Xterm' working correctly in other systems?