Why run XWindows on top of MS Windows?

Christopher Faylor cgf@redhat.com
Thu Oct 26 18:13:00 GMT 2000

On Thu, Oct 26, 2000 at 08:33:21PM -0400, Suhaib Siddiqi wrote:
>At last, as I always say "Read First FAQ and Mail Archives Then Ask."  FAQ
>and Mail archive are there for some good reasons.  98% when I have problems
>with Cygwin itself, a few minutes search on Cygwin mail archives answer my
>questions or give me hints where to look for a fix.  I expect users to make
>a good use of precious disk space and Sourceware Server space Chris Faylor
>devoted to this project.

That's a pretty rare attitude, unfortunately.  The interesting thing is that
when I get a question from Suhaib, I know it's an appropriate question that
probably deserves my consideration because he's done due diligence.

If only everyone was so diligent.

I do agree that this issue should be in the FAQ, if it isn't already.  And,
apologies for not checking myself to find out!  :-)

Anyway, you guys know that you're doing a great job.  I'm amazed at your
progress and glad to have my name associated with it in some minor way,
even if I'm just "the moderator".

cgf