Another try with Laptop problems

Lundh Christian Christian.Lundh@volvo.com
Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2001

Hi Folks,

A couple of days ago I tried to find a solution for my problems with using
XFree86 for Cygwin on my Dell Laptop  with NT4.0 SP6. The answer I got to
this was just a very rude answer. I hope there are people out there that are
much more helpful than the guy who answered me. So i thought I should give
this list one more try.

The problem I (still) have is that XFree86 doesn't recognize my mouse and I
get an error messagebox saying:

	SetDataFormat(SysMouse, dfDIMouse)
	Error = 80070057(DIERR_INVALIDPARAM)

I've tried about everything I can think of but nothing helps. If anyone has
had a similar problem with their laptops I would be grateful for any help I
can get on this.

And belive me mr Siddiqi, I have searched this archive about ten times for a
solution, but I haven't found any answers anywhere. So please, think one
more time before you send such a childish reply to the list!!!

/Christian Lundh