XKeysymDB environment variable properly set; still not getting keyboard responsiveness

Lyman Neuschaefer lyman@bcsisims.com
Sun Apr 1 00:00:00 GMT 2001

Thanks for your reply.

Unfortunately, I've still got the same problem after invoking
the set command you supplied on the DOS command line (modified
for my system):

  > set XkeysymDB=D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\XKeysymDB
  > set XkeysymDB
  XKeysymDB=D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\XKeysymDB

  > startxwin.bat

The X-Server paints the whole screen but is still unresponsive
to the keyboard, as before.  By the way, I have confirmed that
D:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\lib\X11\XKeysymDB is the correct file by
examining its contents using 'less'.

Thanks for your help.

Lyman