Starting web site updates

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Thu Apr 12 07:10:00 GMT 2001

Alexander,

> Or am I missing something?

I believe so... anyone without a compose key is going to be awefully mad
when they find out that their left control key is broken. :)

Real Control_L's and fake Control_L's, generated when AltGr is pressed, both
generate the same message; we can't indiscriminately drop all Control_L
presses, as that effectively removes the functionality of Control_L for
everyone.

I believe that the solution may require flipping a flag if Control_L is
pressed, but not sending the Control_L message until another key is pressed,
and only sending it if that other key is not Alt_R on a keyboard that uses
the compose key.