Multiple Windows

Andrew Markebo flognat@flognat.myip.org
Tue Aug 14 02:39:00 GMT 2001

/ Alexander Gottwald <alexander.gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de> wrote:
| On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 Pavel.Rybnicek@intax.cz wrote:
|

| > Hi Suhaib and Harold
| > I find (optional) disabling of background useable, so if it is possible to
| > do it without some large changes to the code, it could be good feature.
| > I see (and understand :) that the second case is much harder.
| >

| Disabling the background will cause a lot of problems.

Doesn't he mean just transparent background, it is still an x-desktop,
but with the background of the windows desktop+window windows below
the window.

| Most windowmanagers check for events when clicking on the background and
| popup menus or something. These clicks must either be caught and discarded

For further thoughts.. if you do this, totally remove the x-desktop,
you probably won't run fvwm or similar, the window 'management' is to
be taken care of by windows... Reflection X does this quite
fine.. Meanwhile for the future :-)

        /Andy