Keyboard is losing it´s focus again

Harold Hunt huntharo@msu.edu
Mon Jun 25 04:09:00 GMT 2001

> I will trie that this afternoon

Okay.

> Hmmm, it´s a good idea to use XDMCP. But I don´t know how to use it...
> If I typ that string "XWin.ex -screen ... -query -from..." cygwin/XFree is
> starting...
> but nothing more happens... Did I have to do something on my Linux-Server?
> Or am I  just to stupid to understand the problem?

Most Linux boxes come with XDMCP running, but you have to be in the X run
level (run level 5) in order for XDM to be listening for connections.  If
your Linux machine is not running in run level 5 (which is obvious if the
login screen is running X), just login as root, and run 'init 5'.  Your
machine should then fire up XDM, and you should be able to login via XDMCP
with Cygwin/XFree86.

Let me know if that last bit works, as I'll add it to the documentation if
it describes your situation.