XDMCP on Windows 95

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@msu.edu
Wed Dec 4 05:01:00 GMT 2002

Yup, you can specify the port number.  From the ``man Xserver'' page:
XDMCP OPTIONS
        X servers that support XDMCP have the  following  options.
        See  the  X Display Manager Control Protocol specification
        for more information.

        -query host-name
                Enable XDMCP and send Query packets to the  speci-
                fied host.

        -broadcast
                Enable  XDMCP and broadcast BroadcastQuery packets
                to the network.  The first responding display man-
                ager will be chosen for the session.

        -indirect host-name
                Enable XDMCP and send IndirectQuery packets to the
                specified host.

        -port port-num
                Use an alternate port number  for  XDMCP  packets.
                Must be specified before any -query, -broadcast or
                -indirect options.

Thus, you would do something like:
XWin -query smpd9 -port 6556 -fp tcp/smpd9:7100 -from a217447

Harold