XDMCP on Windows 95

Harold L Hunt II huntharo@pilot.msu.edu
Sat Dec 7 02:34:00 GMT 2002

Well, do you have any VPN software installed on the Windows 95 machine,
or have you previously had some VPN software installed on that machine?
 A lot of the VPN programs replace many of the networking files and they
are usually incompatible with Cygwin/XFree86.  Some of those programs
cause problems with Cygwin/XFree86 even when they are not running.  A
smaller number of these programs do not remove their networking files
that they replaced when they are uninstalled, so they permanently make
the machine incompatible with Cygwin/XFree86.

There is no inherent reason why XDMCP would not work with Windows 95, so
I think there is something going on with the software that has been
installed on that machine.

Harold