Scrolling error message from XWin server

Alexander Gottwald alexander.gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Tue Jan 8 03:09:00 GMT 2002

On Mon, 7 Jan 2002, Joseph I. Davida wrote:

> 	After starting the XWin server, from the cygwin dos window,
> 	by running xinit, XWin emits the following messages:
[...]
> winCreateDefColormap () - Deferring to fbCreateDefColormap ()
> The XKEYBOARD keymap compiler (xkbcomp) reports:
> > Error:            Can't find file "unknown" for geometry include
> >                   Exiting
> >                   Abandoning geometry file "(null)"
> Errors from xkbcomp are not fatal to the X server

Where does the xkb message result from. Were there some changes to the
init scripts or is the server my configuration-test release?

If it's the configuration-test, please make sure you have the xkb files
installed.

bye
	ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723
 phone: +49 3725 349 80 80	mobile: +49 172 7854017