Using only the X server of Cygwin

Alexander Gottwald Alexander.Gottwald@informatik.tu-chemnitz.de
Sun Jul 7 15:42:00 GMT 2002

On Sun, 7 Jul 2002, Rhialto wrote:

> You have a point. But I also think that there will be "lots" of people
> who would like cygwin/xfree to be a replacement for XWin-32 or other
> similar products, so some configuration preset for that would come in
> handy.

I mainly use Cygwin/XFree86 as X-Terminal with no local X-Clients running.
But I can not check, what you need to run it standalone (without cygwin)
since I don't have a computer without cygwin installed.
And there are a lot of things which are setup after installing cygwin as
the mount points, or some dlls.

All I can provide is the info that you need Xwin.exe,, cygz.dll and
cygwin1.dll. Please take this as starting point and check if XWin complains
about something.

bye
    ago
 http://www.gotti.org           ICQ: 126018723