[packages] gtk+, glib, imlib

Nicholas Wourms nwourms@yahoo.com
Fri Jul 12 07:22:00 GMT 2002

--- Lapo Luchini <lapo@lapo.it> wrote:
> Being interested in porting freeciv with gtk+ support... and gtk+
> package being not available... I'm investigating it =)
>
> Harold states he has not enough time for it (
> http://sources.redhat.com/ml/cygwin-xfree/2002-06/msg00302.html ).
> But has he a partial work or nothing?

He has something.  Frankly, I think we should let harold release these
packages.  He's got a firm understanding of the underlying mechanics of
how X works.  Plus if you commit to maintainership of 1.X, then it is
assumed that you will be working on porting 2.X.  Are you ready for this
responsibility?

> Steven has a fairly complete Gnome port on his page (
> http://homepage.ntlworld.com/steven.obrien2/ ), which has nothing to do
> with Harold's work.
> It contains patches for many Gnome programs, including glib-1.2.10,
> gtk+-1.2.10 and imlib-1.9.14.
>
> I was thinking about packaging them as requirements for the freeciv
> port... has anyone done some work / has more infos / has something to
> say about?

As for freeciv, I will send you a static lib of Xaw3d to see if that will
help you better.  I would then release free-civ as is.  We can worry about
why the DLL version of Xaw3d isn't working later.  Again, is there any
rush to getting it out?

Cheers,
Nicholas